NHS GG&C SMOKE FREE SERVICES in East Dunbartonshire
East Dunbartonshire Quit Your Way Services team provide a range of local stop smoking support services to those who are interested in stopping smoking and are living or working within East Dunbartonshire. The service is delivered by experienced, trained professionals who are there to help make stopping smoking a little bit easier.
Quit Your Way services offer support in the following formats
• Intensive support
- 7 week support programme
- One to One support
• Brief Advice and support from any of the local pharmacies.
Evidence shows that by attending an intensive support programme along with using Nicotine Replacement Therapy or Stop Smoking Medication Champix (Varenicline) or Zyban (Bupropion), you are 4 times more likely to make a successful quit attempt, i.e. still be non smoking one year later.
How to access the service:
If you would like to stop smoking or are unsure of stopping smoking come and speak to our Specialist Stop Smoking advisors and get friendly advice, information and support to stop smoking. Please find the venues at www.nhsggc.org.uk/quityourway or contact the Quit Your Way Team on 0800 916 8858
If you are under 18 and would like support and/or information for stopping smoking, please contact Quit Your Way Young people service on 07919 990010.
Pharmacy SmokeFree Service
The Pharmacy SmokeFree service is available in all pharmacies across East Dunbartonshire.
- During your visit to the pharmacy you will be provided with a stop smoking information booklet. If you are ready to quit, you will be asked to return to the pharmacy 5-7 days later to be issued with the first week of NRT.
- All clients that attend the pharmacy of their choice receive Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), on a weekly basis for up to 12 weeks.
- Each Client will also receive personalised support and advice.
- The service is currently free to all patients.
- Champix/Varenicline prescription/support can now be provided by most pharmacies in the Kirkintilloch area (except Boots Lenzie, Bannermans Kirkintilloch, Pulse Kirkintilloch and Twechar pharmacy)