Clinics & Services
Special Clinic Appointments
We have a range of services for patients with chronic diseases. These include
Patients are often invited by letter to attend one of these clinics. In general these clinics are booked by our front desk staff arranging the appointments.
Nurse & Healthcare Assistants
Nurse appointments are available by booking via the telephone or at reception and include the following:
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Dressings and Stitch Removal
- Post-operative wound checks
- Blood Tests
- DMARD monitoring for patients on medication for rheumatic conditions and colitis
- Travel Advice and Vaccination
- Cervical Smear Screening
- Ear assessment
- Child Health – Tuesday mornings with the health visitor and GP
- Family Planning - The practice provides a comprehensive range of family planning services including combined oral contraceptive pill, progesterone only contraceptive pill, Depot contraception, advice on condom usage, spermicides, Diaphragms and caps, pre-conceptual care and advice.
- Post coital contraception - Patients wishing to use this service will be given same day appointments. For more information on family planning click here.
- Flu Clinics – October – December
- Maternity Care - Once your pregnancy has been confirmed by a home pregnancy kit, please call 0141 232 4005 to arrange your first midwife appointment. Midwives from the Princess Royal Maternity Hospital run clinics at the Kirkintilloch Health & Care Centre. If a patient chooses to be booked at another hospital, they will be required to travel there for midwife clinics. Ante-natal visits are run at the KHCC. This is where you will have your scan performed. Your midwife will provide you with your shared care record with the schedule of clinic appointments and contact numbers.